Less than 4 weeks to go and I'm starting to think through the game plan a little more in-depth. Sarah just broke the news over Skype that LEE! is going to be in Beijing while I'm in town. What a treat to visit with a friend who I haven't seen in 9 years (pathetic track record on my part, by the way). I started back through the phrase guide and quickly realized I recognize quite a bit, but don't remember it well enough to pull it out of my back pocket to communicate effectively enough. Also, I fear I will be a dumb tourist, and coming from a family of travelers, this is not an option. I will not be the "dumb one". I'm gonna plan the crap out of this trip, Google Earth everything, know where the frick I'm going and THEN relax and play it all by ear.
More word on the plans after I spend a little more time today posting things into our map. I suppose scribblings on a piece of paper isn't an effective way to put plan in place with anyone else. Oops.
No comments:
Post a Comment